Hamn is a great place to enter the surrounding ocean. There are plenty of fish in the sea and beatuiful islands to visit. Our boats can be rented by people who want to go exploring the fjord or fishing by themselves, but it is also possible to book a fishing guide that can take you out to the best fishing spots.
Rental: Book in advance or in the reception. Normal time for check out of boats is 09.00 unless another time is agreed. A guide will meet you in the reception and go through a rental contract and check that the boat is OK. You will be given a short introduction to the boat. Life wests are included in the rental. Normal time for check out of the boat (last day of rental) is 17.00 – unless another time is agreed. Petrol is not included in the boat rental price; and is measured at the end of each day and paid before departure.
We have 4 Kværnø boats for rental. You need a boat-license and experience with driving similar boats if you are born later than 1980
If you are an earlier model than 1980, you need only the experience to rent and drive these boats. We recommend to go fishing with a guide, or at least start the first day with a guide to be familiar with the area and the fishing places.
About the boats:
- 22 foot open aluminium hold with 130 h.p.
- GPS, echo sounder, chart plotter, tracking system on board
- Number of guests: Recommended up to max 6 persons per boat
- Fishing: 3 persons at a time if the conditions at sea is good (depend on type of fishing, weather etc)
- Price 2019/20: 1860 NOK/day. 1560 NOK/day for extra days.
- Petrol is not included in the price; you pay for petrol based on how much you have used when you check out of the hotel
Deposit: NOK 10.000 per boat
Guests deductibles if something is damaged: up to NOK 10.000 per boat.
Deposit is fixed in the reception when signing the rental contract.
- Bring: Warm clothes and good shoes
- Season: February – October
Min rental for guide time is 3 hours
Flotation suits (a must), rods and fishing equipment can be rented
Packed lunch made from breakfast buffet and beverages to bring on the boat. can be arranged.
Other servings in the restaurant must be pre-booked from beginning of September until 17. May.