Fishing trip or with a personal fish guide
Try your luck fishing in the Arctic. The fishing grounds off Senja is great, and with a knowledgeable fishing guide on board we can almost guarantee the catch. Join an organised fishing trip. A guide, fishing gear and hot drinks is included.
|| 2 hours (or more on request)
|Days of departure:
|Time of departure:
|| Guide, warm suit, all fishing gear, hot drinks
|Number of guests:
Different seasons mean diffrerent types of fish! Here are the most common types of fish you catch around Senja:
- Arctic cod (Skrei): The best time to catch the biggest arctic cod, called skrei, is January to April. Skrei migrates along the coast early in the year and catching cod over 20 kilo is not unusual.
- Halibut: Halibut usually puts up quite a fight and is not the easiest fish to catch, but the most fun according to many dedicated fishermen. Season is May to September/October. Often found 3 – 5 nautical miles outside the coast. Fishing with hand operated fishing reel trolling line and long line.
- Saithe: Comes all the way to the coast looking for bait. Fishing with hand operated fishing reel, deep sea fishing gear.
- Haddock: July to October/November. You find it in the fjord and out in deep “holes” at the bottom outside the coast. Fishing with hand operated fishing reel.
- Catfish: May to September. Comes into the fjords during summertime to eat sea urchin. Fishing with long line.
- Coastal cod: All year. Fishing with hand operated fishing reel, deep sea fishing gear.
If you don’t wanna go on an organized fishing trip you can also rent a boat to go fishing on your own!
« Fullday island excursion – history and pick seagull eggs